BRC Global Standards
The British Retail Consortium, known by its abbreviation – BRC is an important brand and consumer protection organization. It is being utilized by over 30,000 certified suppliers over 120 countries, with certification issued by a worldwide network of accredited authorization bodies.
BRC Global Standards’ assure the standardization of quality, safety and operational standards and guarantee that manufacturers accomplish their legal obligations and deliver protection for the final consumer. BRC Global Standards have now begun to be frequently a fundamental necessity of leading retailers, manufacturers and food provision organizations.
The BRC Global Standards have been classified into:
- BRC Global Standard for Food Safety: The standard now in its 7th edition, provides a structure for the regulations to manage product quality, safety and legality through measurement schemes such as Hazard analysis and critical control points or HACCP.
- BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials: It is the first ever packaging standard across primary, secondary and tertiary sectors.
- BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution: It aims to guarantee that product honor during the storage and distribution, as well as customer confidence are maintained.
- BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers: It aims to provide an agenda for managing product security, quality and legitimacy for the non-manufacturing industries in the food and packaging industries.
- BRC Global Standard for Consumer Products: The standard has been further classified into General Merchandise and Personal care & household. It aims to encourage constant improvement and identify the variety of products included in Consumer Products.
- BRC Global Standard for Retail: The standard includes the activity of retailing, as well as commissary, procuring and in-store manufacturing.