ISO 22000 : 2005 FOOD SAFETY
The standard by the International Organization for Standardization, caters to the food chain from ‘farm to fork’. It gives the requirements for the food safety management system for all organizations and the stakeholders that fall under the category, such as food color, packaging, ingredients, storage etc.
The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programmes and HACCPplans
- Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
It provides International recognition to the organization
- the standard lets you achieve and control risk and hazards, thus giving your stakeholders confidence.
- the supply chain is optimized
- the standard enables the organization unto transparency around accountability and responsibilities